Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Derek Dooley and Gene Chizik fired.

Gene Chizik was fired as the head coach of Auburn after winning the National Championship just two years ago,I am not surprised after what Alabama did to them in The Iron Bowl Shutting them out 49-0.
Auburn had a terrible season and did not win a single conference game for the first time in school history.
This goes to show than in the S.E.C. you have to win.
Gene said he was "extremely disappointed by the way the season turned out and I apologize to the Auburn family and team for what they had to endure.In my 27 years of coaching, I have gained an understanding of the high expectations in this profession,when expectations are not met I understand changes must be made."
"While we experienced a tremendous low in 2012,I will always be proud of the incredible highs that we achieved,including three bowl victories,a sec championship and a national championship. Chizik said.

What did Chizik's buyout cost Auburn?
Auburn said the total buyout for Chizik and his assistant coaches was $11.09 million
Chizik's buyout will total $7.5 million and be paid in monthly installments of $208,334 for the next 36 months.
I hope Gene can make it on $200k a month, I know it is gonna be tough.

Also in the SEC

Derek Dooley who has been under intense scrutiny for the last two years was fired as the coach of The Tennessee Volunteers.
He had the option to go ahead and coach the final game but turned it down, so the Vols had offensive coordinator John Chaney coach them in their final game against Kentucky.
He issued the following statement: "I am sorry we could not generate enough wins to create hope for a brighter future.Although progress was not reflected in our record, I am proud of the strides we made to strengthen the foundation for future success in all areas of the program."

What did Dooley's buyout cost Tennessee?
$5 million dollars.

I think it says a lot about Derek Dooley's character that he didn't coach the final game against Kentucky,I understand the he was upset knowing he was done at Tennessee but I think he should have thought more about his players and went out with a win.

Who will be Tennessee's new coach?
There is a huge rumor going around that John Gruden is gonna be the new coach but not according to him,he says he hasn't even been offered the job.
It is so big that it has created it's own hashtag on Twitter #Grumors
Also mentioned is Alabama's defensive coordinator Kirby Smart.
I hope he doesn't leave Alabama to coach at Tennessee but it wouldn't surprise me.

I hope you have enjoyed this article and as always.
Roll Tide Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment