Here are the players and the teams that selected them.
- Dee Milliner - 9th selection of 1st round - New York Jets
- Chance Warmack - 10th selection of 1st round - Tennessee Titans
- DJ Fluker - 11th selection of 1st round - San Diego Chargers
- Eddie Lacy - 2nd round - overall 61st pick - Green Bay Packers
- Nico Johnson - 4th round - overall 99th pick - Kansas City Chiefs
- Barrett Jones - 4th round - overall 113th pick - St. Louis Rams
- Jessie Williams - 5th round - overall 137th pick - Seattle Seahawks
- Quinton Dial - 5th round - overall 157th pick - San Francisco 49ers
- Michael Williams -7th round - overall 211th pick - Detroit Lions
I think that Dee Milliner dropping from a projected number 6 to 9 was a small surprise.
Also I think that Eddie Lacy being selected in the 2nd round is a shock, I think he is as good as any running back in the draft especially since Marcus Lattimore from South Carolina had that season ending injury.
There were two other running backs selected before Eddie and surprisingly no running back was selected in the first round of the draft.
That has not happened since 1963.
Finally Barrett Jones had one of the most decorated careers in Alabama history and most NFL teams are looking for linemen or possible centers, so him going in the fourth round has to be my personal biggest surprise. But what do I know I'm just a blogger.
The good news
Since Nick Saban has arrived at Alabama we have had some of the best recruiting years ever and 2013 is no exception.
Alabama has the #1 recruiting class of 2013 with (four) 5 star commitments,(thirteen) 4 star commitments and (eight) three star commitments.
A.J. McCarron will be back to lead the offense and the defense is loaded.
I think that Alabama will come out ranked #1 and have a good shot at being the National Champs again.
I hope you enjoyed this article and roll tide roll.